Sunday, April 10, 2011

A heart for a heart

A heart for a heart, a life for a life. Call it god's work, call it religion, call it the law of the universe, call it a conspiracy. But its the events like this that allows me to value and understand life on a whole other dimension. I lost my uncle at the age of 9 in a shooting. Months later my baby sister was born. Seeing my mother in tears, any mother in tears, is an open wound that isnt stitch-able. But a new soul being brought to life in the form of replacement is somewhat special. I lost my grandmother this christmas. Everyone deals with their losses differently. But the conspiracy of the matter is that my niece was born a month after. The start of a new generation. Its both the beauty and the ugly of life. But you learn to admire both.

No comments:

Post a Comment