Friday, May 13, 2011

NoRadioPlay.fm


No radio play from me. Maybe from my neighbor across the street who listens to Waka Flaka as an advocate. Or half my friends on facebook who listen to Lil Wayne and Drake and call them the best rappers alive. Or the girl who scans my gym barcode and is always listening to Lady Gaga Gaga. But as a music enthusiast, a listener of all genres, iv'e lost hope for radio stations. See people can say "hip hop is dead", but it really isn't. Truth is it never will be. What they should say is "good hip hop is dead". Because its a shame that a man, no a kid with no history or knowledge can hop on an empty beat and make a couple of senseless rhymes and make a quick million dollars. Then get radio play for a year before he's disappeared. Hey Mr. No Soul Candy Kid Big Rims Nice Stereo, your On The Air.

1 comment:

  1. True statement. And good Hip-Hop isn't dead. It just lives underground. Though I couldn't sit down and listen to any of these "artists" on the radio I do respect their existence. They make me appreciate the great music even more. As far as politics and the war on terror, I can't even go into that. I just think that everyone is hungry for power.

    ReplyDelete